What's In A Name?
Tucumcari speaks of nostalgia and the history of Route 66. It also speaks of energy, more recently sun and wind. But…… what’s in YOUR name? Are you someone who has found within himself or herself unique attributes and skills that deserve to be talked about? Well, you’ve got a name. And Tucumcari provides a new environment of innovation and opportunity for you to develop the reputation you’ve earned. Tucumcari is embarking on a journey to develop talent, a community which supports innovation, and a community with a true sense of place, grown from its roots in natural resources and history. We think we’ll find out what’s in our name. How about you?
Find out what’s in your name.
TUCUMCARI IS EMERGING AS A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE THROUGH A GATHERING OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL TALENT. IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THIS GROWING COMMUNITY OR A SKILLED CRAFTSMAN OR SIMPLY POSSESS SKILLS AND TALENTS IN DEMAND FOR THE 21ST CENTURY EMERGING INDUSTRIES.......
LINK YOUR NAME WITH OURS!
Are you an entrepreneur or the owner of a small creative firm or a business keyed to emerging industries? With a low cost of living, a growing percentage of the population in the “creative class”, an active outdoor lifestyle, a small community feel with easy access to Amarillo and Albuquerque and the Great Southwest, as well as opportunities for lakeside living at Ute Lake just north of the city of Tucumcari, the good life beckons!
JOIN THE TEAM
Jump in with both feet. Put your talents and skill to work. Want to work for world class firms? Join the Tucumcari Talent Pool! Submit your resume and list of talents and skills and our team will help you join an exclusive group marketing their skills to world class firms who understand the importance of attracting the brightest and best!
Tucumcari offers 10 reasons to link your name with ours!
- A simpler life – Get off the fast lane! Be successful AND enjoy life.
- Transportation Access - Located on historic Route 66, Tucumcari boasts both a strategic location with access to major markets in New Mexico, Texas, and Colorado, and transportation services including ground, rail, and air.
- Excellent Education - Quality education is a point of pride in Tucumcari and Quay County. Mesalands Community College offers specialized training in everything from world class paleontology to bronze casting to rodeo to wind energy technology training. Tucumcari Public Schools has adopted “Excellence in Education” as its motto, and most recently has completed a new High School building campaign.
- Access to Capital - Tucumcari’s major banks and financial institutions currently have assets in excess of $650 Million and are all solidly managed.
- A safe community and environment to raise a family.
- Broadband accessibility from a number of service providers insures the ability to work remotely and participate in the new media economy.
- Home to a growing list of new energy economy firms.
- Home to a growing list of creative individuals.
- Low costs of living – regularly cited as having 70% of national average for cost of living.
- It's all about the outdoors! With easy access to both Ute Lake and Conchas Lake, working ranches, and Mesalands Scenic Byway, outdoor activities are plentiful.
Now! Don't you want to be part of the show? Join the team, walk the mesa and find the solitude that actually lets you think, breathe, and open your eyes. Watch a world class sunset, enjoy some green chile, and get a life!
Shrimp Boil & Silent Auction
Songs of Tucumcari
Board of Directors
Contact The Chamber
Tucumcari/Quay County Chamber